View Single Post
Old 2008-01-15, 16:49   Link #24
Bornsatin

Send a message via MSN to Bornsatin
Quote:
the quantity of matter in the universe isn't a constant
Matter is governed by space, if space were stretched, matter would too. I suppose it's quantity would remain constant but not to an observer, it has expanded. Quantity is how we define something taking more or less space :/ this obviously isn't the physical explanation

Quote:
Murder isn't illegal only in democracies. And I don't get your point. A lone man is stronger for killing others, but if several people do it they're not? How does that work?
I was referring to democracies to simply what i was trying to say, this wasn't really political at all. If several people kill 1 man, the whole point of the eugenic concept is defeated ^_^

Quote:
So I can take your money, because it won't be lost for everyone? I can kill you, because hey, new babies are born all the time?

Besides, you entirely fail to grasp the notions of choice, responsibility, and consequences. We, all of us, make choices hoping to get more good consequences than bad. If those choices include putting murderers in jail, hoping it'll be good for us, well, tough for the murderers, but they certainly can't come crying that they just chose to kill someone and since we all have free will, it's fine. By the same logic, imprisoning them is fine too.
By 'ultimate replacement' i meant a different specie would replace us, not a new baby for every death.. since even today more babies are being born and the population would never inrease eh.

What you call 'choice' is a somewhat unjust decision nonetheless. When you put them in jail hoping it'll make your lives better/safer, you only end up retaliating, ruining 2 lives. Ethics aren't logical at all, so as I said.. 'metaphysically, we should be able to go around killing each other' and it wasn't an argument rather a discussion. You've only made it clear you side ethics and morality ^_^ But being the first one to actually entirely stick to the topic, I commend you.

Quote:
What the heck are you saying?
It was in response to what Arias said. Jack is self-centered because he's never had anything but his self to be the center of his thought. That is what made him so valueless, in a way that's all we accomplish when we're being selfish x) nothing at all.

Quote:
I can't even begin to understand how your value system works.
Well, it's a little vauge which was why I posted this in order to clarify my own thoughts. Before the bigbang, the 1 dimensional point was in complete unity within itself, hence the ultimate bond/relationship even though it's only physical. x)So we take it as reference. Now as the bond grows weaker in the universe, among ourselves (humans) we still carry some relationships which effectively govern our lives to a great extent even if we are sentient and capable of individuality. This relationship of anything/everything is what I call value, or whatever carries importance to another because it influences or controls it's course of life or existence.

I'm pretty sure you're still unclear, and so am I or I wouldn't post this for dicussion but rather as a definite article somewhere. It's a hypothesis for a hypothesis. ^__^''
Bornsatin is offline   Reply With Quote