View Single Post
Old 2012-07-22, 11:58   Link #117
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I still don't get how "Obito" can be a "Vessel" when Madara is clearly dead. You can't really call back a spirit from beyond if the spirit isn't beyond.
as Hunter pointed out, just take minato for example. he was dead, yet his spirit/chakra continued on in naruto's mind and influenced naruto's thoughts. whether or not it's the case, you can feasibly take the technique farther and add an element of mind control to it like what sasori used on yura, although tobi's split personality suggests to me that it isn't a complete mind control and that obito's personality is still present

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Note how every one of those examples contain circumstances that make Edo Tensei impossible, whereas with Madara, it WAS possible.
I'm fairly certain kushina could have been revived. her soul wasn't sealed in something like minato and orochimaru were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
The problem with Tobi being the spirit of Madara within Obito isn't one of feasibility (just think of Orochimaru's revival last week).
No, the problem is that Tobi says he's nobody, doesn't have the same personality nor the same technique and fighting style and nor does he share the same knowledge than Madara (Edo Tensei).
his fighting style could be that of obito with MS since madara isn't the vessel, obito is (assuming obito actually is) also, I agree that tobi doesn't have the same personality as madara, but he does have that serious side to him. tobi has been living this whole time while madara has been dead so i think it's reasonable to believe that during that time his personality has developed, especially since he wasn't able to use the brute force that madara would have been used to using to get his way. and even though tobi says he's nobody, i think he's definitely somebody. otherwise him telling gai that there's no point in showing him his face doesn't really mean anything. i think that him saying he's nobody is kind of like in v for vendetta, but v was actually once somebody specific and just uses that 'zero' identity as a way to put his goal and idealism ahead of his individuality
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote