View Single Post
Old 2014-01-02, 12:23   Link #1072
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Cain's main goal was grabbing a Valvrave, and doing a lot of damage to Module 77 as a secondary goal. He succeeded. He left a lot of student deaths in his wake.

He won the battle, and Module-77 lost the battle. But you can lose a battle without losing the entire war. If I was L-Elf or Haruto, there's no way I'd feel "victorious" after this. I doubt that they did either.
I also doubt.
I clearly exaggerated saying "victory". Still as an observer I consider their outcome as positive in the economy of the war. Even more taking into account what kiak666 said (I forgot about that), that basically implies how they were lucky to survive. Even having L-Elf on their side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Actually, if it wasn't for Akira's timely intervention on Unit 6 (which even L-Elf was surprised at), everyone on the module would have been killed by the gas drill, and L-Elf, Haruto as well as the other pilots would have been captured along with the Valvraves. So you can say that Akira is the true reason why Module-77 was able to escape total defeat during that incident.
Following your logic, since Akira main drive was to save Shoko, we can conclude that who saved the day was actually Shoko.
Still, I keep thinking that L-elf is the true reason.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.