View Single Post
Old 2006-08-16, 18:58   Link #14
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaNeko
LOL no! Actually, in a way, it already has been hacked. The closed PC beta of PSU, which Sega ran and closed a few months ago, was leaked. Normally, you couldn't do anything at all with it since it was online only, but the guys behind the PSO hacks managed to hack into it enough so that you could at least get into the character creation screen. It's not much, but if you've been waiting for PSU for a LONG time now, it's a fun diversion.
True, but that's just the character select screen. It should be more difficult to actually mess around with the game itself seen as you connect to the ships after you've done all that stuff. Hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uLTraCarL-
really? damn well I never was interested in Blue Burst. I was sort of not keen with the idea of redoing PSO for the 3rd time lol even if there was more stuff at the end -_-
It wasn't worth it to be honest Like Benoit rightly pointed out, the English version had so few updates and such poor service it wasn't worth the trouble. It took months to even get all the stuff from PSO v2 in there (I got to L120 on Vhard. As a FOnewearl. Oh yes.) The 2 extra Episode 4 levels were admittedly kinda cool though, especially Desert with its super teleporting enemies.

I don't see any chance at all we'll escape paying either, considering they've been charging from the start. I've got pretty lucky so far because in the UK v2 they couldn't charge the fee (something about a condition in the dreamcast's internet... dreamkey was it? saying you couldn't charge monthly fees I believe) which is when I did the bulk of playing Still, so long as they put the money to good use I don't mind paying. If we're treated like dirt again then it's a different story entirely.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote