View Single Post
Old 2007-05-08, 09:01   Link #120
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
SLB and most of Nanoha's spells in genral uses a storage function in the IDs with a loading time and energy build up, (I tried to find the passage for this be failed).and maybe due to the "size" of the storage memory can not hold things like ceremonial spells with long incantations or such, they need to be chanted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Starlight Breaker's long casting time can also be circumvented by expending an entire magazine of cardridges to provide the charge. Perhaps ceremonial spells are like passwords and actions.
Hmm... Well then the Book can store a heck load of data, but Hayate seems to be the one with the most ceremonials. But for passwords, wouldn't a "USB Key" suffice? However while reading the responses, my mind latched onto something from school.

Evolutionary baggage: Basically the parts and structures carried over from a previous species that the current one evolved from. May or may not have any beneficial use.

Maybe the ceremonies still function as passwords to a higher power only because they were the predominant form of powerful magics that predated the modern IDs and SDs, and mages cling to it for cultural reasons?