View Single Post
Old 2012-03-10, 12:02   Link #110
23 gundam fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Tsunade was about to step in and fight pain herself, but luckily for everyone naruto came just in time to take him on for her. while she was healing everyone, she was doing what a kage should, letting her jounins fight the battle. a general never takes the front lines unless its absolutely necessary. when it became apparent that the jounins couldn't handle him (kakashi dying and so forth) she went out on her own to fight him one on one. she most certainly would have died, but she was still brave enough to do it. it's not like any of the other current kages could have beaten nagato one on one either. he was one of the top 10 ninjas of all time in the series (top 5 at that time). I'm also not trying to defend tsunade's character, because kishi just writes weaker female roles and it's a fact, but she did go out there herself with the intention of fighting him. I don't see what else she could have done. naruto was clearly the better choice to fight him. no need to have the village's leader die if it wasn't the last possible option
there is a problem with that line of thinking. jiraiya was a sage and he failed against pain. i know tsunade believes in naruto but she also believed in jiraiya and he still died fighting him, and jiraiya was at the time one of the strongest fighters around. and after what pain did to the village, you spoke about how the other kagas could not defeat him. but a untested genin is going too, listen i know the story is all about naruto. but the hokage doesnt get to just hope for the best in terms of naruto beating pain. when you think about it, it kind of makes jiraiya look weak. we know that at the kaga meeting reputations and status mean a whole lot. by that thinking, you have to admit. tsunada didnt come off looking that great. what she was going to do doesnt matter, the fact is pain raped her villiage AND THE HOKAGE OF KONOHA DIDNT STOP HIM. LAST TIME I CHECKED THAT WAS HER JOB.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote