Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Nagi no Asukara (Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea)
View Single Post
Old 2014-02-22, 16:24   Link #2634
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Actually I don't think Chisaki is frozen in time at all and this episode proved my thoughts with the last episode. People seemed to think because Chisaki said she still had feelings for Hikari she was stuck on him and did not grow. But the opposite is true.

Just because Chisaki realizes Hikari is out of her reach does not mean she suddenly has to throw her feelings away for him. However while Chisaki still may have feelings for Hikari, it is clear to me she has moved past those feelings.

Actually I would argue that Miuna right now is very similar to Pre-Time skip Chisaki. Like I said in the previous episode when Chisaki was looking at Miuna she saw past self. If this was Chisaki pre-time skip I could actually see her being in Miuna's position questioning whether she wants Manaka to wake up despite caring about her. If you recall Chisaki often had conflicting feelings for Manaka as well, she cared deeply for Manaka as her best friend, but she was also jealous of Manaka.

Now while Miuna is not best friends with Manaka, I also think she cares about the girl who saved Akari and the girl that Hikari loves. Interestingly enough Miuna also mentions that what she seems to love most about Hikari is something he gets out of his love for Manaka. This is the same thing that Chisaki has said previously.

Also I don't really see how Miuna's love for Hikari came out of nowhere when people were definitely shipping them on this very thread pre-time skip. That being said I am more convinced than ever that Hikari will wind up with Manaka because of the Miuna/Chisaki parallels that I see.

I think people are stuck on the fact that "things haven't changed" based on what the characters are saying but are actually missing the context clues. Yes some things have stayed the same (Hikari's love for Manaka) but things are definitely moving forward despite some of the characters not wanting to change. Change is actually a important theme to this story and it has been all along.\

edit: And another parallel between Chisaki/Miuna is Tsumugu understanding the girl who loves Hikari.

Although of course Tsumugu and Miuna have a bunch of their own parallels.
if i'm not wrong in the episode she realized her feelings toward hikari still inside(chisaki) we see her acting all children again like how she was when was at their age, chisaki grow outside(physically) but her mentally still trapped in her 14years, she not moved yet, like tsugume told neither him or chisaki moved their get stuck in time waiting everyone is back for the can finally move.

man in the beginner most of the shippers with miuna was the famous "loli shipper" just because hikari saved miuna or helped her over come her problem peoples started to ship her with hikari, but really inside the anime if you could remember, never was true foreshadowed who she is true developing feelings toward hikari or who she even have enough time to develop a feeling strong enough to survive for this 5 years, unlike her friend where we get clues showing her display feelings toward kanami.

indeed i was thinking about this anime being about "changes and accepting changes"(but still can be) but until now we see only peoples whining cuz their dont want to change, because most of then feel betrayed for this time skip and now their are whining to avoid changes, even if the changes are knocking their doors, even tsugumu who looked the more "mature" in the end also was another stucked in time because even acting more "mature" he still somehow children and dont know what to do or have corage to do something to change.

like i told we have a big "PLEASE WAIT" serie where everyone is waiting for the other person to do the first step because he/she is afraid to be the first one to do.

we are something like that:
tsugumu=kanami --- are waiting for chisaki move on who is waiting for hikari to move who is waiting for manaka

miuna is waiting for hikari who is waiting for manaka
miuna friend waiting for kanami who is waiting for chisaki

none really is try to do anything than "wait" for someone do anything.

cuz in the end the person who gonna ending does the first step probably will be manaka.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote