View Single Post
Old 2007-04-25, 21:50   Link #28
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRMN View Post
I've been seeing a bit of complaining (mostly in the episode three thread) about Hirano Aya-as-Izumi Konata's performance of "Sore Ai Ga Deshou," saying it's "too good" for Konata to have done.

But as I looked in the credits, it seems that the OP is also supposed to be the girls singing in character [the OP is credited to "Izumi Konata (Hirano Aya), Hiiragi Kagami (Kato Emiri), Hiiragi Tsukasa (Fukuhara Kaori) and Takara Miyuki (Endo Aya)," as is each ED, despite it only being Konata/Aya singing].

From that, I'm taking it as a sign that all the girls are supposed to have moderately-passable-to-decent singing voices should they try. So I don't see it as a big deal that Konata was able to "flip the switch" from awful/grating to decent/passable.
The thing is that it felt OOC. If Kona-chan had been a really great singer at the start, it would make sense that she had continued to sing in a professional manner in the third ED. You could just tell Kona-chan was putting her heart (and enthusiasm, keke) into the first two ED songs, and she sounded like a normal person (well, as normal as Kona-chan can sound). It felt to me like Hirano Aya was singing as herself rather than as Kona-chan in the third ED. I guess I'm annoyed with the inconsistency in Kona-chan's singing when she is normally a fairly consistent character.