View Single Post
Old 2009-10-27, 11:07   Link #2711
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Regarding the stakes as murder weapons...

I theorize that while the stakes may be capable of being used to kill, they are not a preferred murder weapon and are frequently avoided in favor of other methods or staking "found" bodies. Some of the stakings almost certainly weren't what killed their victims.

ep1: Eva and Hideyoshi could've been killed by their stakings. Kanon may not have died, and if he did his death wasn't "clean" (instantaneous and without identifying themselves, not non-messy) and the killers seem to prefer that. Kinzo was never murdered, so that staking is obviously non-fatal. Genji/Nanjo/Kumasawa had their faces destroyed, which is probably what killed them or related to it as the stakings were in decidedly non-fatal areas.

ep2: Jessica's wound seems like a possible staking issue. Kanon vanished, so we don't know. Shannon maybe could've been staked to death. George and Gohda would've died too slowly if they were. Everyone who saw the fake Kanon claims he killed Nanjo and Kumasawa by slitting their throats, so the staking seems to have been an afterthought (it could have killed them, but slitting the throat seems more effective).

ep3: No one who was killed really seems to have been likely to be killed by the stakes. Maria and Rosa weren't staked. Hideyoshi/Kyrie/Rudolf probably shot each other and were staked afterward; if one of them survived to kill George and Nanjo, they probably succumbed to the bullet(s), not the stake. Krauss and Natsuhi had very suspicious injuries that strongly suggest they were strangled, not staked to death. And the red says Nanjo was shot. It doesn't say what he was shot with, but I think a gun is more probable than some stake launcher.

ep4: Only Kyrie's staking seemed to have even been done properly, and she claimed she was being shot at, so it doesn't seem like she believed she was going to be staked. The consistency of the damage between everybody else suggests that some were or weren't staked mostly at the discretion of the staker, who may not have been the main killer of this episode.

ep5: Well... the FT victims seem to have died of other causes. Krauss is dead but we don't know how. Hideyoshi died in a struggle, which probably isn't the way the murderer wanted it to go.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote