View Single Post
Old 2006-09-30, 03:21   Link #11
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

The thought that I have coming out of Utawarerumono at first is very sobering to me:
Vicious cycle.

The thought keeps haunting me as the drama of humanity in Utawarerumono reaches its conclusion, ever pounding at me, ever relentlessly so and ever drives me with a sense of lament. As the mask man returns to his cocoon, I cannot help but think of the current state of affair us, the humanity today is in. His trek to make that full circle leaves me unsettled, to say the very least.

My thoughts, after reading through all of this makes me have a strange notion that... are we demiurge as well how does one save the demiurge?

I feel terrible thinking of how much
Uitsuarunemitea's sufferings have been and how humanity, the great maker, fails to alleviate even ourselves from the self-fulfilling prophecy of omniscience. The concept of God as Uitsuarunemitea hurts a great deal... and how that humankind betrays itself in order to bring forth creations in its image and is too coward to call them as its children.

At least Uitsuarunemitea has not totally forsaken his own children.

Saving a demiurge... through the span of the entire series, Aruru seems to answer that with her actions and Eruru through her thoughts. It is something that I think I will need to work at to develop but I somehow just feel that way. Aruru's approach, instead of that of following her father's words down to the letter, as it is with Mutsumi, is that of looking after the family unit above all else. This has driven her onto numerous close calls and an ideological clash with Mutsumi, not to mention shouldering the responsibilities from those actions with her own life on the line. She turns the tide of battle and fortune with that stubburness to act for the 'greater interest' and doesn't hesitate to implicate her own child Mukuru, or even Eruru into the fray. This resolve alone makes me feel alot better.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-09-30 at 04:27.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote