View Single Post
Old 2008-10-12, 08:56   Link #87
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
OT

*Sigh* It's a personal opinion when you said this.

From all the sites I have visited (those which are related to Tales Series or Video Game other than Gamefaqs, especially in Japan) those who thinks Abyss as the best Tales Game from all Tales Series is quite large. Its fanbase among both fangirls and fanboys or Game otakus in Japan is more than Symphonia. Hell, even Famitsu, the most greedy in term of scoring game magazine, ranked Abyss in Top 50 in its Best Game Rankings.

Character-wise, Abyss wins hands down. Even if the vote's mainly voted by fujoshis, there are quite a lot of fanboys who adore Abyss characters better than Symphonia, mostly because of the development they got. Abyss characters are more likable because of their flaws which seems more humane and the way the development is executed.

GameFAQs have a lot amount of post which are double, mainly asking for the game walkthrough in the last pages. Some of them were stuck because of the Japanese Version for both platforms (especially PS2 users), so digress there.

(Btw Jade got his position because he is awesome. You can't deny that one. Most male fans voted for him as the best male character in Abyss Female fans also adore him period.)
OT (since theres really nowhere else to talk about this...)

Famitsu's quality has gone down as of late. They gave good scores to terrible games lately.

Anyway, the general consensus I've gotten from the two major western boards. IGN and GameFAQs, is that they all more or less hated Abyss.

Whatever development the characters had (to me) felt forced and contrived.

I do admit that its a personal opinion. Maybe, I fell too much in love with the ToS cast that it formed a standard for other tales games from there. (actually this might just be the case) So, I'll stop here before I go into how much I hate guys in belly shirts.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote