View Single Post
Old 2012-12-09, 02:10   Link #38592
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Of course, it then boils down to some marty stuish OC beating up the girls in combat and win their hearts... not exactly what I had in mind.

I really need to revamp the scenario much, much farther than canon that what I did before. it does help that this is total crack and doesn't even pretend to be serious like the novel. (Ichika and Chifuyu's mostly lighthearted response to him being cloned, for starter)

For the pepper spray, most soldiers are actually trained to resist it's effect (tear gas too), so nope.
Well that's just great...

Another problem for chapter 9. Then there's this...

"So that sums up everything up to this latest chapter.

To quote a certain famous ace pilot of WWII, "The pilot with the most experience will whip your a** no matter what you're flying!"

If the ex-Alpha Squad guys and Ichika's group will fight, I'll place my bet on Alpha Squad given the quote above. They might be outnumbered (4 vs 6) but their experience as bloodied soldiers who already killed somebody before puts them on an advantage. As for Ichika and his harem, none of them received a taste of real battle (I don't know for Laura but I bet she hasn't killed anyone yet) on the war zone which puts them on the disadvantageous side (Seriously, the only reason why Ichika and the girls are capable of defeating enemy IS units like the unmanned IS is due to their high-tech IS units. Without them, the unmanned IS have probably roasted their rear ends by now). Besides, the Silverbacks have a potent IS weapon that will HURT A LOT for the IS. Over all, the hypothetical battle between Thunder Crash and Ichika's group is like a battle between a group of Special Forces operatives against a group of militia.

Hmm... Now that I thought about it, I bet the world's gonna experience something like a Cold War if word gets out that the Silverbacks are also flawed with the same limitation like the IS although its the opposite one. Tezla's going to get a lot of funding from various groups who resent the IS if this becomes public knowledge. I also wonder how Tabane is going to react to this.

I also noticed that Thunder Crash seem to resemble the Razgriz Squadron from Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War for the following reasons. One, there's four of them. Two, they're awesome soldiers. Three, they lost a comrade (Phantom Pain's a real b*tch group). And four, they share a tight-knit brotherhood bond.

This story deserves to be followed. Hope you update soon."

That's the latest review I got on Fanfic.net. The bolded part is something that I overlooked, unfortunately...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote