View Single Post
Old 2009-11-05, 19:37   Link #811
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
If you know the age of the author that might give you a hint. Knowing when it starts its around 14/15 or so they say.
I would like sources for this. The only thing I can find is in the Chinese (?!) Wikipedia, which states that this has been debunked in an interview (also unsourced).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I wonder if Tōma losing his memories actually served any purpose. I've seen some people theorise he knew the full extent of his power, but even that would feel horrible in terms of development. As in "Holy shit, I remember everything: Imagine Breaker Maximum XXX!".
I doubt that he does. In Railgun he himself admitted (I doubt he lied) that he had no idea and he is branded a Level 0.

Even so, it didn't make sense even as a one-shot that he should have his memories erased. I mean...then what? It's not a happy ending, it's not a sad ending either, and worse, it's also not really anything in between. It just happened.

All I'm concerned about is now that there is a memory wipe, I wish the novels would elaborate on how he dealt with it instead of making passing mentions every now and then.