View Single Post
Old 2010-01-20, 14:09   Link #629
DC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Fixed for you.
Unfortunately, that is very probably going to be the case

Anyway, in any case that's an interesting shot with the Squad 7 characters. It's a bit odd seeing Varrot as a scout though... wasn't she a sniper in the first war? I haven't been following the whole class progression system too closely though... did they combine the two together?

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about all the cameos. While it's cool to see all the old characters, something about it just feels like a half assed attempt to shift copies. I mean, yeah, that's the whole point of making the game in the first place, but I would much rather see a bunch of new characters than get a tonne of repeats. As long as they're not involved in the story I've got no actual problem with it (and as much as I'll piss and moan about it, I'll even go so far to accept Edy in the actual story itself, as her sister seems to be a prominent character) though.

As for new characters, there are a few that look interesting - particularly within the lancers. From just the short little clips and screen shots I've seen (admittedly not very many), Reiner and Coleen look to be the standouts so far. Funny as I wasn't a particular fan of most of the lancers in the first game.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote