View Single Post
Old 2010-10-04, 01:19   Link #64
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
I'm 31 years old, male, and am caucasian living in the U.S. Although I have the fun of things like being part Russian for example. Not that I study my heritage much as I should. Now on to why I watch K-ON! and K-ON!!

First, I've grown a strong liking 4-Koma. Both because I read comic strips and because of anime like Azumanga Daioh. In general, 4-Koma based anime tends to appeal to me. The same could be said about anime that may not be based on 4-Koma, but have a feel like it.

Second, I am fan of characters (especially if they're pretty girls) interacting in more relaxed settings. Speaking of interaction. The interaction formed from a group finding a common purpose such as err joining a light music club can be appealing.

When I heard that Kyo-Ani was animating K-ON! and found out it was 4-Koma, I just had to try a few chapters. Ritsu's awesomeness from the start sold me on the series. Thus I waited with an even stronger anticipation for the anime to start and kept reading the manga.

The anime didn't disappoint as the cast in general showed themselves to be fun and they worked well together. Sure, there were a few changes, but the anime felt like it would for the most part be a fleshed out version of the manga.

I also liked how they handled the music. The songs were spread out, yes. However they were treated as important events. They didn't pull the obligation song ***** where you hear the same exact song every episode as just background noise. Not that I don't watch series, but it's a nice change.

Episode after episode was enjoyable. Even the weaker episodes were good enough to remind me why K-ON! was a high level favorite for me. It's essentially in the top 4 for me. Currently at number 3, now above Sketchbook. Having three cour kind of gave it the edge.

For the record, I have GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class as the second favorite. The current favorite is Hidamari Sketch. Which got the edge in part due to three seasons. As well as the fact, Yuno is a high level favorite with the advantage of having the screen time to truly make use of her.

That still doesn't change the fact that K-ON! surpassed a lot of series. Thanks to the music, the character interaction, the story, and the awesome girls. The most absolute favorite for me being Tainaka Ritsu herself. The others are nice as well, but Tainaka Ritsu is the main girl for me. Especially since she's the spark character. The spark character being the one that sets things in motion.