View Single Post
Old 2012-10-21, 01:51   Link #138
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, I'm rather amazed that those things weren't banned. I mean any product that ends up killing thousands of users would probably get the recall . I mean sure it was more a software issue, but come on those things killed a damn lot of people.

That's probably the biggest thing that requires suspension of disbelief. Though makes me worry about people, when after the SAO incident people still ran out to buy this game. Regardless of flying, you'd have thought they'd ban any game similar to SAO.
Well, given all they've been through, I'm pretty sure the authorities would allow them to keep their helmets if they want, if nothing else to sort of mark or commemorate what they went through. I assume that they figure that the survivors would know the risks above all others. They could very well be forbidden from allowing anyone else to use their helmets as well.

They also mentioned that the new game uses an evolved version of NerveGear with "better security measures" so one presumes that, after RCT took over from Argus, they took the steps to ensure it was thoroughly audited by the government and whoever needed to see it to prove that it was safe. It's in their best interest anyway because they want to be able to make money off of the technology now that they own it.