View Single Post
Old 2013-03-17, 18:13   Link #135
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
he got them as strong as they needed to be for whatever part of the story they were in.
So instead of training them to the best of his or their abilities, he only trained them enough for us to suspend our disbelief? (Additionally, isn't this idea comparable to simply 'teaching to the test', which is in turn an awful form of teaching children?) Fair enough. As I already said, drama sometimes matters more than logic. In the end, it still doesn't dismiss Kishimoto's bad planning for Kakashi (especially if we are really supposed to believe that he is a good teacher), but the impetuous was more on the children not the adult pseudo-leading them.

Quote:
all 3 of them passed the forest of death and then the elimination matches (in which sakura tied ino who you are putting on a pedestal above her).
The only reason they passed the forest of death was due to outside help (and also outside interference). Team 8 and Lee both helped against Sound, Orochimaru also gave Sasuke the seal which helped against Sound as well, then Kabuto (working for Orochimaru) helped to get them to the tower. In many respects, without Orochimaru's help Team 7 would have never left the forest .

Quote:
it would have been bad teaching to not prepare sasuke as much as possible to fight gaara
I never claimed otherwise. In fact, I emphasized this part.

Quote:
kakashi didnt teach naruto the kage bunshin memory trick right off the bat because kishi hadn't thought of it yet. it was clearly a retcon
You can't argue for looking at the series as a whole in one post, and then dismiss the idea in the next. The info for Kage Bushin may or may not be retconned, but either way it clearly detracts from Kakashi's teachings since he does not claim to have recently learned the info.

Quote:
how can he teach someone who kishi has no intention of developing?
Sakura received equal levels of development to Naruto and Sasuke (in Part I). She was still useless in a fight (because of Kakashi ), but she grew just as much as her teammates.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote