Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-07, 22:45   Link #10809
Who

There's a girl I knew for three years. I always thought she was attractive and such and someone fun to hang out with, but I never really thought of her in a girlfriend type of way until recently, after hanging out with her several times for lunch.

Trouble is, she was set up with another guy by a mutual friend of ours (who doesn't know of my attraction to her). They've been meeting each other for 3 weeks now (they met 3 weeks ago as well), grabbing lunch here and there, but it's not really official, as he hasn't asked her out, and she's not sure where they stand. She sorta likes him, but again, isn't sure.

I only know all this because I asked her directly, before directly confessing to her, because I said 'screw this, because even if it makes things awkward between us, I want her to know how I feel, and I don't want to regret not saying anything.'

She was very flattered and honored (her exact words) and told me that I should have told her before. She was also very shy and embarassed and surprised, if that counts for anything, hiding behind a bookstore when she tripped over her words trying to find the correct answer. However, she still wasn't sure where she stood, which I interpreted as a very, very, very good dodge at telling me "no". She insisted that things aren't awkward between us, but I don't know. It's been two days since I last talked with her (or she talked with me), and I'm not sure where to go from here.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote