View Single Post
Old 2012-11-09, 23:14   Link #3043
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Layoff bomb detonates; Large corporations join small businesses in announcing mass cuts
http://twitchy.com/2012/11/08/layoff...ing-mass-cuts/

Hispanic group demands national amnesty for 11 million illegals

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/09/hi...#ixzz2BjwUXKJg

Dominance of GOP Governors Continues
http://www.commentarymagazine.com/20...ors-continues/

Here's a little something we ALL should consider in my opinion:

A few pages back there was discussion about the future of the GOP. I believe that Thomas Sowell puts forward an excellent essay on this subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Well. In general when we talk politics, it goes beyond the figurehead they send to run for president. The leader's going to represent the party's standpoint whether or not he is a good person or not. It's how it goes.

We're talking about a party that's launched us into 2 separate wars and has begun curtailing civil and privacy rights. Ie. The Patriot Act. We're talking about a party that's started another costly and ineffective drug war that leads to us being one of the largest prison populations in the world. And for what? Millions down the drain? A government that prioritizes throwing people in prisons instead of educating them. "Oh, let's not bother educating them. They're a lost cause so throw them in jail where they should be in the first place"

Doesn't that entail massive spending? What happened to getting government out of our lives? Spend less, less complexity. An overly complex bureaucracy IS oppressive in itself because the red tape detaches people from the government, and depriving those who would want to take action. So yes, I say "fuck you" to those liberals who want to outlaw large containers of soda too. Get the fuck out my life. I don't care about your misbegotten notions of equality or making the world a better place. I will recycle, because I feel like it. Not because you waste our time on money creating more laws to make people's lives worse. And what if a child picks up a violent video game? Let's leave it up to the parents to raise their own fucking children?

Does anyone provide this? Which one of the big guns is conservative? I don't see any. Well maybe Ron Paul, but he has his own set of problems.

So the main thing comes to this: What do the Republicans and Romney provide to the country? Besides the fact they're not Obama?

In the end, not all Republicans are bad. Just the ones that they're putting in the front. Pull them away, for fuck's sake.
These are probably the two most intelligent posts I've read in the last few days!

And it's nice to point the finger at conspiracy theorists, right wing nut jobs, and upset voters. Thing is people are getting laid off and hopefully if they knew it was coming have saved up for the holidays and other unforeseen things. And there is the fiscal cliff thing as well.
Romney lost, fine better luck next time. Obama won, fine now quit gloating and get too work!