View Single Post
Old 2017-10-07, 18:26   Link #39
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Like everyone said, it's a great first episode for the new Kino series. Sure it's not as stylish and the new Kino is (debatably) not as adorable as the one in the 2003, but this new anime is a lot more beautiful and detailed to look at compared to the (intentionally?) drab and simplistic visual of the 2003 anime that's only meant for SD instead of HD. This new Kino surely make good use of the HD era to make a visual that's a lot more natural, detailed and realistic while the old series looks like a world of simplified paintings. Both are good in their own ways, but I surely prefer this new Kino to play on my HDTV than the older one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I've been referring to Kino as a she for more than a decade, I'm not going to change now. Kino herself certainly doesn't seem to care what gender people think she is.
I'd say with episode 01 of the 2003 anime (way back then) where Hermes worried that Kino was about to accept the pseudo-proposal from the telepathic guy after he broke up with his old wife, the old show already established that Kino is female. At least other characters in her universe see her as such even with her boyish outer look.