Thread: StarCraft 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-02, 08:24   Link #8240
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
i gotta be honest: innovation played terrible in the finals.

His harassment and multitasking should be a lot better: he keeps doing drops which essentially do no damage... that is fine until he does silly stuff and loses his medivac+units inside as well.

In soulkey's mind, all he needed to do is deflect bogus' drops harass and he will be in good shape *while* putting on the pressure.

bogus also had a terrible game plan imo. If you are ahead 3:0.... I think he should have just played standard games (ok, maybe well orchestrated timing attacks that is not an all in). Does he think he stand no chance vs soulkey 4 macro games in a row?

In fact, if he just played super turtle... soulkey's own timing would have brought bogus ahead. Even if somehow soulkey end up winning the next 3 set from macro games, he is going to be very weary about going to for a roach timing as he know bogus prob have tanks on high grounds already.

I still think bogus is the better player, but on that day he played like a RO16 player, not a GSL finalist.
Now that I look back at it, I get the feeling he just hadn't prepared right. The only reason I can possibly imagine he didn't make a tank in game 5 (After losing to the roach-bane all-in in game 4, and previously losing to symbol in similar fashion), and the reason he went for proxy 2-rax in game 6 was because he wasn't confident he could deal with the roach-bane all in. It was almost like he didn't know how to, I mean he did it before, but that was great unit control and not a counter. I mean, its understandable, the push is harder to hold than it looks. Kind of akin to how so many people would just straight up die to 2rax when MKP first started that cheddar. In game 7 soulkeys vast experience really showed, as he was absolutely frosty in the game. In the end I think it was a bad performance because it wasn't a very professional performance.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote