View Single Post
Old 2012-03-09, 19:51   Link #313
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I'll try out H2O: Footprints in the Sand.

I didn't want to start True Tears because i feared from seeing the first screenshot, that the anime wouldn't go the way i want (In the background of the SS i saw, there are two girls: a long haired one, and a short haired one. I fear to get disappointed if the protagonist chooses the girl i don't want him to choose, so that's why i'm avoiding it: to not get disappointed, like it happened with mashiro iro. However, i'll eventually try it out)

Peach girl never appealed me. If i'm correct, the protagonist is the girl, but i don't even like her much.

I'd also prefer longer series. OVAs could be fine, as long as they are very good.

Anyways, i finished watching episode 15 of Welcome to the NHK, and i'm really enjoying it. It got some romance in it, the comedy comes mostly from the protagonist for obvious reasons, and it also concerns mature themes (suicide). It's slice of life, it isn't dramatic like Kimi ga nozomu eien, but at the same time deals with heavy themes. It is able to make me laugh and give me some Arakawa vibes, even tho they are two totally different animes. I'm also liking very much the artwork and the animation. I just prefer this kind of animation, where 20 years old people actually look like they're 20. Oh, forgot to say that i found that classic guitar/harmonica music background awesome. I just love it, and the first ending song is fucking badass. The riff at the beginning... and i usually hate foreign music, unless it's in english language. I even dislike the music of my own country, but this is the first time i was able to appreciate some jap song. This title is quickly climbing my classific.

I don't know who first named this title, or if it was just me happening to ask about it, but this title is badass. However, for tonight i'm done. I'll finish the remaining 9 eps tomorrow.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote