View Single Post
Old 2012-03-09, 21:42   Link #314
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
I'll make sure to check out all the 2012 titles when they finish airing. Now i'll start Welcome to the NHK

Always thank you for your suggestions
No problem. Glad some of them met with your approval.

To answer some of your questions:

Dororon Enma-kun Meera Meera the protagonist is the titular Enma-kun and is decidedly male. The story is told from the POV of a young girl who sees Enma as the hero sent to save humanity, but she's the narrator not the star of the show. Just click on the link in my previous post to see the opening- it's quite full of fanservice.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Sounds like you watched the second of the two Rebuild movies that are out.

Yeah, let me say that you should totally watch the TV series, followed by End of Evangelion. That's the original story, the Rebuild movies are a retelling of that story.

The first of the two Rebuild movies essentially covers the first 6 episodes of the show, and is a pretty good version, just with better graphics (and it handles Shinji's angst arc much better then the series), the secondary characters however are shafted in the movie so I tend to prefer the TV series version.

The second movie is... controversial among fans. Mainly because of what happens to Asuka (red haired girl). Although you'd have to watch the original show to fully understand why.

Asuka shows up in episode 8 in the series if I remember right. She was like a bomb going off- oh the infamous introduction scene: "Viewing fee!" *hair flip*

Even today it is still a great scene.

Cross Game: Thing about Adachi is that death and grief is always a big part of his stories. Ano Hana was the anime that made me think of Cross Game, although Cross Game isn't as melodramatic as Ano Hana. So yeah, give it least 3 episodes.

Chrome Shelled Regios is not mecha, so put your mind at rest about that. Yeah when fighting they wear some armor, but it's just armor, like the stuff a SWAT team wears. I wouldn't call them "battle suits." I'm not sure whether to call it futuristic or not... some elements are futuristic, but others are more fantastic.

Spoiler for Summary of the opening storyline (contains a few spoilers):

As for Maison Ikkoku, it's too bad you don't like the old style of animation. It doesn't bother me as long as the story is good, but I know some people can't stand it. (I grew up on the Starblazer's style in the 70's so it always makes me laugh to see it called "old style"). If you ever change your mind about the old style being unwatchable remember to give this one a shot.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote