View Single Post
Old 2012-07-18, 22:36   Link #197
DoomRavager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
oi, oi. Don't point at me. I never said that. o_O

I don't know what happened to the Greater-East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere. I'm guessing it also collapsed in the war-torn world after Japan surrendered. I don't remember it being stated in the novels. If someone who has a better memory regarding that part, please share your knowledge. Preferably, include which part of the novels it was clearly stated.

I'm starting to think if some of you might be mixing it up with the Great East Alliance (大東亜連合) which was formed by far east asian nations because they did not want to be part of the UN. England refers to the alliance as Consolidation of South-East Asian Nation -- COSEAN which is a more common term for it.

Anyone know anything about Operation Swarāj in 1992? The UN ignored the wishes of the government of India and forced their own opinion in that operation. Sort of important since it fueled a lot of mistrust towards the UN which also caused the other far east nations to make their own alliance instead. Not much is known about it so I'm wondering if some of you might know the juicy parts
You mean this thing?

Quote:
■■ 大東亜連合 ■■
国連の直属に置かれる事を嫌った東南アジア諸国によって編成された多国籍軍であり、後に政治的同盟にも発展 した。
特に1992年、国連主導で行われたスワラージ作戦が現地インド政府の意向を無視して強行されたことから国 連への不信が高まったことも編成に強く影響している。
尚、英国呼称は「Consolidation of South-East Asian Nation」通称、COSEAN(コセアン)である。
I haven't found any mention of スワラージ作戦/Operation Swarāj beyond that, but then again I haven't looked very hard.
DoomRavager is offline   Reply With Quote