Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll To Love-ru -Trouble- Darkness [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-04, 20:28   Link #244
Midonin
Last Engage

They already had the first two seasons, this one was nearly a given.

To Love Ru Pinkness 01 - Darkness, But Not Seriousness

Unlike with the first two anime series, I haven't read any of the Darkness manga. I did see Episode 00, so I have some background going into this. Mostly, a reintroduction episode. The tone feels fairly consistent with Motto, so I don't think I'm losing too much going in here. Until the zombie attack started happening. Having Momo and Yami take over the protagonist role is an interesting direction for the series to take, so I'm curious about where things are going to go from here. It's a natural followup to the somewhat abrupt conclusion from the previous series, changing Rito's MO from "fall in love" to "becoming King of the Universe, do King of the Universe things."

The opening looks nice, and the music's not bad either. The ending animation is cute, but Kanon Wakeshima's music is still an odd thing to see in TLR in any form. I've been sticking with this for many years now, so here's to another cour more! (Also: Wow, The Anime Network had a quick turnaround on their simulcast here. Up and ready to go the same day it was announced.)
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote