View Single Post
Old 2009-02-02, 07:25   Link #220
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
What they didn't put any care into was the ED theme. I'm not going to pull punches, playing "Torch" at that moment was an outright failure on KyoAni's part. It wasn't just jarring, it was inappropriate, in my mind. Anything would have been better. "Dango Daikazoku" would have been more appropriate. Hell, they could have put something else at the beginning and saved "Toki wo Kizamu Uta" for the ED. They played "Ana" at the end of ep 24, it's not like they haven't changed ED themes to better suit the moment in the past.
KyoAni isn't exactly the most creative when it comes to OP/ED placement (or necessary lack thereof) but that was unforgivable. Even Omni brought that up on Random Curiousity. This should honestly be the "2nd" ending for After Story. But from what they have done with this episode I'm afraid they will just settle for being consistent. That is, even if keeping an upbeat sugar parade song for an ending of a pure drama show involving a depressed young adult and his neglected daughter counts as "consistent".

I'm so ticked off that I'm probably going to edit episode 16 with Windows Movie Maker and seed a torrent of the episode with the Dango Daikazoku ED edited in.

I wonder how popular it'll become.