Thread: Beelzebub
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-19, 20:20   Link #915
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice
I kind of agree with you but the latter has been done to death before in manga and thus the impact is lessened to a higher degree.

Then what is "development"? i'd certainly like to hear your view on it.
An old man on the street suddenly dies of heart attack. What a development for the old man. But who really care for the random old man on the street? As I have said, if you care for the character enough, even a slight change in them you would catch on and be satisfied. That's the point. You must have enough interest in the character.

Of course, fictional characters are ALWAYS designed to catch your interest, be they the hero or antagonist (and guess what, the cliches are cliche, because they are what work best). But what is decisive in actually making the characters function as they were designed to? The actual execution.

I'm not saying the executions of the development itself isn't important. They are very important, and as the more skillful a mangaka, the more subtle are frequent those developments can be seen. People who read works of mangakas such as Adachi know what I'm talking about.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote