View Single Post
Old 2012-07-03, 20:01   Link #23
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

If any of the others can come up with validations for putting teleportation with speed, I'll accept it

EDIT: In the case of Mest...even though he had that 'teleportation-like' ability, it really didn't help him in a battle against Gray...lol. The way he used it, yeah, I would add it on as a 'speed'-class magic but it's the 'magic vs ability' thing that does it for me. But, if I allow Meteor for Jelly, I guess I have to allow this manuver for Mest.

I guess I'm not fully clear yet as to if we are measuring their base attributes without any self-buffs or whether we are allowing for their magic to be active when we take the measure of their attributes.

For instance, are we taking Natsu's basic haymaker punch or his Kayruu no Tekken or even one of his Metsuryuu Ougi as a factor to his physical strength in Offense? If we split up Offense between Physical Str and Magical Str, then we'd have to do the same for Defense, which would result in Durability being moved to underneath Defense for the physical side and Magical Defense being created to balance it out.

Of course, this means that we could also do smaller ability lists for many of their moves, as to how strong Natsu's fire-enhanced attacks are in constrast to basic attacks or even to him being in Dragon Force Mode, but that might be too much work...

Last edited by Tempest35; 2012-07-03 at 21:21.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote