View Single Post
Old 2012-12-05, 17:31   Link #128
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Lets put Shiina in a cage and force her to throw away her life and make her do somthing that she doesn't want. What she wants to do with her life and that it is her own doesn't matter at all because she is just a tool that exist to inspire people.
How incredible as it sounds, there are some people that really believe in this.
I am happy that I live in the part of the world where human rights are respected and something like that would never be accepted and not tolerated.

Since when was she in a cage? The very fact that she could go to Japan in the first place is proof enough of her freedom.

And if you think inspiring a younger generation of potential artists is not an admirable work, well- that just goes to show how short sighted and narrow your thinking is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Care to explain why Shiina needs to continue painting in order for her already existing paintings to gain historical significance?

I can agree that many will think it's a "waste of talent", but I don't see how the historical signifance of her paintings will suddenly wane if she doesn't paint until the very end. If the paintings Shiina has already created are as great as they should be, then they should be recognized whether she makes new paintings or not.

Because A) Nobody likes a one-hit wonder, and B) This is definitely not the pinnacle of her skills- she would continue to improve and improve...