View Single Post
Old 2017-05-09, 02:46   Link #8308
4th Dimension

Except that it feels more like it was done for shock value (I hate those) and not so much to do that, and they write Signum kind of stupid by having her be dumbfounded that Leviathan broke even while knowing what Cypha can do. One would expect that reaction maybe from Nanoha or Fate, but not a Wolkenritter with much more experience. But then again I'm am always going to fall on the techno-magic vs tech in and Nanohaverse debate, so I'm biased.
Also while Signum gets to fight and get stupidly trashed, in Hayate's case it was basically writer deus ex machina that Curren was able to teleport right behind Hayate, and also it can be argued another case of writer mandated stupidity for her as if she needed more of that.

Also that wasn't really the point of it all, well there was not much of a point. Of course if you take a solder's guns and armor and strip him bare while letting the other side have them he is likely to be thrashed. That is the part I don't like about the Explipse. The BLANKET immunity. Also didn't they also give them near invulnerability given their hard skins and regeneration?
I never really like blanket immunities, since those aren't really likely IMO, and again IMO are kind of sign of shoddy writing. I do like though that it doesn't take much time for protagonists to come up with asymmetrical solutions to their problems.

Last edited by 4th Dimension; 2017-05-09 at 03:19.
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote