View Single Post
Old 2007-04-12, 04:47   Link #167
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber Cherry View Post
I was feeling worried about the future of the series until the last 100 seconds. Prior to that, the only interesting element was dressing Shinku in green, which is pretty cute.

I hope that the remainder changes focus from boring dialogues about clouds, toward Rozen Maiden-style action. But then, with a name like *cough* Sora, I'm not sure how likely that will be. The whole photography/sky thing so far seems like a "Let's give the male lead some random interest to which he is passionately dedicated" and could have been drawn out of a hat, like sewing doll clothing or collecting pewter unicorns. At least Jun doesn't talk about his sewing to everyone he sees.
Actually, if you will notice, there is a valid reason why they talk so much about the sky.

Matsuri is unable to see the blue sky for unknown reasons, so it only makes sense that she would be interested in a guy that has an obsession with taking photos of such material.

That wistful longing is part of her story.

Given the track record of the writer, nothing is going to be "insignificant". Every detail is going to be part of the bigger picture.

Cheers.