View Single Post
Old 2012-08-06, 02:53   Link #14
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So yeah after thinking about it a bit more I'm starting to cool on Kio's whole part in this a show little but too, but for slightly different reasons than a lot of others. It's not the oft heard bit about how he's stupid for trying to follow his own path in putting an end to the fight like so many people take offense too, his naivete is well within the consistency of his character so far, what my main problem is is that he's kind of just been cycling through the same defining events over and over thus successively dulling their impact. By comparison both Flit and Asemu had more deliberate and linear development and a variety of different influences that shaped them into what they are, but so far all of the events that have influenced Kio have involved the tragic and totally preventable death of someone he sympathized with despite his best efforts to find a way to save them. First it was Shanalua, then it was Lu, and now it's been Spriggan. While that's all well and good and I honestly have no issue with the ideas being presented themselves, it feels like it's getting a little worn and that now after the third time Kio just hasn't made any progress towards being a more interesting protagonist. Twice I could have accepted with the third time being the charm, but three times is getting a touch reptitive and redundant.

Compare that to say Banagher Links from Unicorn who learned from the mistakes he made during the incident with Loni and applied them to helping Zinnerman rescue Marida from the Banshee while Kio has failed three times now and it honestly does become fair to say that it's a little disappointing. I still don't think it's too late for Kio to develop more, but this has to be the one that does it, no more of the same storyline, it's definitely time to take a different approach cause things aren't working and whether he realizes that now may actually play a part in whether I end up lending a little more credence to the idea that the writing for Kio has been sub par. I hope that's the angle they're going with even though I think it's already taken longer than it should by about 1 attempt.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote