Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-11, 11:12   Link #1380
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Despite her looks, she's just a 13 years old girl. Besides, considering for how long she must have been carrying all this baggage about her family, it seemed appropriate to let herself go and cry like the little girl she really is. It didn't seem stereotypical to me, it actually seemed kinda realistic (well, as realistic was you can get in this setting anyway).
Indeed. She's still only a little more than a child, and she's been holding in all this fear and pain and uncertainty. And being in AKB didn't help her, because of the fear that the very people she wanted to join would be hateful and suspicious of her because of her family. With all of that winding up tighter and tighter within her, it's remarkable she made it this long without snapping in some way. Good job by Kanata in helping Chieri get it out, proving herself as the captain of the trainees. Hopefully this can become a turning point for Chieri, where she can start trying to open herself more to the other girls. I don't expect her personality to change overnight, of course, but this can still be a beginning.

Poor Takamina! What a thing to have happen! Don't give up, captain. Don't give up on yourself, and don't give up on Kanata. You have been there as a strong leader when the others needed you, don't give up on yourself now! And don't let them tell you who you can or cannot be, or who Kanata can or cannot be. You were strong enough to become Takamina in the first place, you can be strong enough to tell them that you will not accept having to give up your position or forcing Kanata to stay a trainee for years until you retire. Have faith in yourself, and faith in Kanata, and you can find a way to overcome this.

With that "no one can replace her" bit at the end, I hope Yuuko doesn't get upset with Kanata. I'd like to think she's smarter than that, but she does seem to be the sort of person who acts first based on her emotions rather than rational thought. Ooo... I don't like tension among the girls. I believe trusting themselves and trusting each other is as important a part of being an idol in this universe as all the singing, dancing, and emoting stuff is. Chieri's Kirara reacted strongly to Nagisa's determination to be on that stage with her friends. I believe that unity is essential.

And I just remembered something that worries me a bit. Chieri's kirara disappeared when she was embarrassed about trying to pull Yuuko's sexy pose in front of the window. I don't think it ever came back throughout the rest of the episode. That... makes me concerned.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote