View Single Post
Old 2012-08-06, 08:41   Link #26800
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
about addon packs, they probably wont do that for a simple reason: only those who actually bought the AGE-2 Normal for example would buy the double bullet addon.
not to mention that a pack like that would essentially contain over 50% of the pieces of a regular MG. might as well add the other pieces as well.

and an AC series with 14 MG releases? yeah, right! XD even OO only had 4 major MG releases plus a couple of variations, even though it was crazy popular.
even seed and seed destiny have a COMBINED MG count of 16 as far as i know. and its been 10 years since seed aired! demanding 14 MGs from AGE is just completely unrealistic. i mean, 6 out of the 14 in your list are AGE-1 variations... why?

these are the ones that i think are likely:
MG Age-1 Normal
MG Age-1 Titus
MG Age-1 Sparrow
MG Age-2 Normal
MG Age-2 Double Bullet
MG Age-3 Normal
MG Age-3 Fortress
MG Age-3 Orbital
MG Age-FX

the rest MIGHT get a release as online exclusives.

and remember, i said those are LIKELY.
there isnt even any word on the MG double bullet or ANY MG AGE-3 variations yet.
it took three years until they released the MG OO raiser after the second season of OO aired for example.

if they really want to release all these kits they will drag it out over the next couple of years for sure. but dont expect anything beyond the main gundams any time soon.
Like I said...

MG Age-1 Normal
MG Age-1 Titus
MG Age-1 Sparrow

MG Age-1 Flat
MG Age-1 Flat w/ Zefuld Launcher
MG Age-1 Flat Grandsa

MG Age-2 Normal
MG Age-2 Double Bullet
MG Age-2 Normal Special Ops ver.
MG Age-2 Darkhound
MG Age-3 Normal
MG Age-3 Fortress
MG Age-3 Orbital
MG Age-FX

Gray = already out/confirmed to come out
Red = likely to come out after Age finishes airing an online exclusive or regular release (maybe have parts for all 3 wears so people end up buying 3x of it to display all 3 forms)
Blue = Online exclusive IMO
Green = likely to come out

And your example of Gundam 00 MG's...

MG Exia
MG Exia Ignition Mode
MG Exia Trams Am
MG 00 Raiser
MG 00 Raiser 7 Sword G
MG 00 Qan[T]
MG GN-X

That's 4 different MG's and 3 variations for a total of 7 kits. An MG Exia R2 and MG 00 Qan[T] ELS ver. might come out later.

But my point is with Age, we mostly see variation kits and not "different" kits. Meaning...

Type 1
MG Age-1 Normal
MG Age-1 Titus
MG Age-1 Sparrow
MG Age-1 Flat
MG Age-1 Flat w/ Zefuld Launcher
MG Age-1 Flat Grandsa

Type 2
MG Age-2 Normal
MG Age-2 Double Bullet
MG Age-2 Normal Special Ops ver.
MG Age-2 Darkhound

Type 3
MG Age-3 Normal
MG Age-3 Fortress
MG Age-3 Orbital

Type 4
MG Age-FX

So it's like 4 different kits (or wish list kits), with 10 variations.

Which means:

a. the kits are very similar to each of the variations and different kits. --> low cost of production
b. the kits themselves are like slightly better quality in 1/100 scale, High Grade kits --> low cost of production

So I see it logical and very well possible to see all 14 of these come out in MG.

Last edited by suiton629; 2012-08-06 at 08:52.
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote