View Single Post
Old 2004-02-24, 16:17   Link #20
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Akuma
I've recently purchased this game. It is good gameplay wise, it has good music, but it lacks a majory aspect that makes me want to com back for more: Lack of strong story and basically no character development whatsoever. The game is pretty much a fancied up dungeon crawler like in the days gone by. There are other little things I could get into, like how some of the dungeons are a little short, but that would take far too much of my time. Overall I give this game a 6.5 out of 10. It was good, just not great and that's only my opinion. I know there are others who enjoy this sort of thing far more than me.
I assume you played this game in single player mode, right?

I have heard some suggest jokingly that they should have put "best played in multiplayer mode" in bold right on the box... maybe they were right. I seriously don't think that you can really understand this game unless you've tried the multiplayer mode. It all makes so much sense when four people are playing together, even the lack of a strong story. (It's designed so anyone can just pick up and join an existing game, even if they're new and haven't been playing all along. If there were a strong story, you'd feel like you'd need to restart from the beginning every time so you don't have to explain things to your friends.)

Anyway, if you get the chance at all, I really suggest trying to find some friends to play multiplayer with you. It's really what makes the game totally worthwhile, in my opinion.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote