View Single Post
Old 2007-10-31, 23:50   Link #175
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I've already posted quite a bit on why I think Yuji doesn't act consistently, only holyman has really responded to any of them.

What duty?

Its the wish of the Guze no Tomogara to split him open like a Kinder Egg for the prize inside.

It is the duty of the Flame Haze to split him open to scatter the Reiji Maigo.

There is no duty for Yuji, he imho is a first ever case and quite rightly he is trying to cling onto as much humanity as possible by trying to survive. People keep super imposing his wishing to sacrifice himself for his class on all his actions. Try to understand his situation, he thought he was about to disappear and wanted his existence to actually mean something. As soon as Yuji finds out he no longer will disappear you have to consider him differently.
Excuse me. but what the heck do you mean there's no duty for Yuji? True, he is trying to cling on to humanity, but is he really? Yes, he did think about disappearing and therefore wants his existence to actually mean something. In order for Yuji... or anyone for that matter (not limited to Shakugan no Shana), to exist, he must have some sort of duty, or else he might as well not exist at all. Perhaps I was wrong in my previous post about what his duty really is, but he does have one. Otherwise, a 5th Flame Haze will just waltz in and split him open. It's much more logical in that matter.