View Single Post
Old 2013-05-20, 15:14   Link #14
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
The series was setting her up fairly well: a former idol who was quiet and didn't have many friends, and who has an abusive past. If it had remained that way then I'd still like her as a character. Yet she received a bit of power (Valvrave and "vampire" transformation) and she went nuts.
I can see her going back to being likeable again depending on how they handle her past and if they decide to go down the route of her adopting this self serving world view due to suffering and being constantly brought down by the world around her. So just make her one tough cookie with a soft inside (in that she actually just wants to gain control over her own fate and actually is less selfish than she lets on i.e. she cares for her friends)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
first off saki didn't become crazy she was always crazy just didn't show it
I have to ask, is because my views are incredibly skewed due to seeing crazy folks in anime that made me not think of Saki being crazy? I mean I haven't seen signs of typical insane mannerisms that would tip me off so ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Never understood why people think it matters if a mecha pilot is selfless or selfish. It is not like being selfless makes you a better pilot or anything.
Saki does her job (and skillfully from what we have seen) and, with all due right, she expects some degree of reward for putting her life on line.
Ledgem wasn't talking about how her selfish personality collrated with her piloting skills though. He was talking about how much her selfish personality clouded her views to the point where she jumped in head first into battle without any actual plan of action. It might have all turned out fine by the end, but it doesn't change that how she came across with her behaviour.