View Single Post
Old 2011-08-17, 13:50   Link #1119
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
this is another game that lacks players who want to tank.
True as it may be, LoL offers an alternative in tough DPS and tough casters, i.e. off-tanks. They can put out a lot of damage and fulfill tanking duties if there are two of them (like Garen, Xin Zhao, Jarvan IV, etc.) and can be very fun to play and dominate with.
Quote:
Or worse... somebody else agrees to take a tank character, and proceeds to deck it out with DPS gear.

"But it helps me to kill them faster!"
"This is me. Psychically cursing you and your descendants."
I lol'd Tanks don't do all that well in secondary roles, I mean ok you can have AP Galio but his ult damage has been raped, and AP Shen is a lot more useless than a normal tank one. Some people do admit their mistakes though, like a guy trying out AD Malphite with lifesteal...although I can't say it gets any better.
Quote:
"Well, Skane, why don't YOU tank then?"

I am... out of sheer necessity.
Speaking of which, have you tried any games at Twisted Treeline? A 3v3 setup doesn't neeeeeed a tank since the TF are smaller and faster, and AD carries are pretty popular as long as they got a dash or escape technique.
Quote:
I had already planned out a shopping list of what runes to get when I hit Lvl-20 in preparation for Ranked matches. I wanted to concentrate on Caitlyn initially, but with the way things are now... I think I may have to switch to a tanking career.
Ranked games have a big bonus, people enter to tank. First thing you'll hear is "I know Malphite, Rammus and Amumu, which one to get?". On the downside, many tanks get banned :P
Quote:
That said... wow... the forums are VILE. The amount of racism and bigotry is staggering.
Gotta LOVE this thread
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote