Thread: Beelzebub
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-25, 09:55   Link #2104
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Does it? That's a pairup where not one character is interested in the other ^_^; ... where's the "sense"?
Ahh yes, that is a valid point. And don't get me wrong. I don't care if they get them together or anything. However, the inherit dynamics of their responsibilities with Bel almost forces relationship development. Both Oga and Hilda are changing, partly because of Bel and partly because of their relationship with each other. Distain has morphed into tolerance, into respect, into arguably trust/concern. From there, there is a thin line of transition into a romantic relationship is it not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I think that's the problem. I enjoyed it when it was more of a comedy with some light action. Now, between your typical shounen OP villain + Rescue Arc, it's become a full-blown battle manga. I've had enough of those to last me a life time or more.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I dig the comedy portions of it. But if there isn't any other elements added or no higher purpose or plot. The comedy elements get stale (for me). The mix between action, comedy, innocent romance and slice of life keeps it from getting old. I wish more of the battle manga had such a balance. Instead of constantly using the same old themes. (Fairy Tail for example. They are all friends. We get it!) Some real tragedy and romance would be welcome in that story. Beelzebub could easily fall into that pattern if they aren't careful.

Last edited by Sinta; 2011-08-25 at 10:28.
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote