View Single Post
Old 2012-12-12, 23:17   Link #5452
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ I'm not talking about the Stallion 1-shotting someone. I'm talking about the "gods-campione-authorities" system and how it is so readily manipulated in an obvious manner to accomplish the author's desires.

And although I wasn't arguing about the Stallion killing Melqart, I was more irritated that he survived as a floating ball of ectoplasm that could still land a hit .. let alone how that ties into his authorities as a God. And if we're going to talk about exhaustion, he was both slashed by the sword and fighting the Boar for a while as well.

Anyways, I still love Campione! very much, but I have no illusions about its perfection. Part of my love for this series and story is the world-building, I just feel a little irked about the author not being entirely "fair" to the world he himself created. The worlds and characters in good stories are living things that tend to resist when an author tries to arbitrarily change things for their own convenience..

Outlook remains positive
Well I see your frustration, but Campione has Gods with many abilities. Its not surprising that Melqart survive by becoming ectoplasm. The author is going somewhere with this most likely, we may see a rematch between the more experience Godou and the recovered Ancient King. This would make maybe 3 future fights coming up, the Campione Killer God, the rematch with Verethragna, and then Melqart.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote