View Single Post
Old 2010-06-05, 23:41   Link #10840
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
We don't really know what is contained within all the message bottles though. Can we honestly rules out that the two that were found might be episodes 2 and 3 and not 1 and 2? Or some kind of variation of that? Or maybe even stories we've never even read like Land of the golden witch? The author is probably Beatrice I think, but I'm thinking more of why they were written and not how. If it was the person behind the whole thing writing the stories. (1 and 2 at least) it wouldn't make sense to me. It seems like a huge contradiction. We also have someone claiming that they wrote episodes 3 - 6.
Actually, Ange is aware of the existence of the message bottles in her world, and she is aware that they contain contradictions. I believe she or narration related to Ange remarks that the message bottles describe Eva dying, which obviously did not occur in her world. Likewise, even if ep3 is an attempt by some new author (if we believe even that) to provide a plausible world in which Eva lives, that author seems to immediately abandon the idea for ep4 and on, where Eva seems to die (or isn't put in a position where she will definitely survive, at any rate).

As chronotrig said, the entire existence of the endscrolls, message bottles, and Ange's 1998 suggest some kind of Author Theory. The bottles must have been written well in advance of the Rokkenjima Disaster (whether you believe it even HAD any murders prior to the explosion). The only other explanation is that there was a survivor (other than Eva). That leaves us asking two very weird questions:
  • If there were no other survivors, why were those message bottles written and released before the incident? Why did the author choose the particular format they did? Why was Battler so special to the writer? Why sign them "Ushiromiya Maria?"
  • If there was another survivor, who are they? Why did they never make contact with Ange or Eva? Why did they write the message bottles describing grisly mass murders in which Eva dies, when they ought to know she lived? Why sign them "Ushiromiya Maria," when Eva would know Maria was definitely incapable of writing them (and dead besides)?
None of it makes any sense unless Ange's 1998 is the only existing future. And if that were true, it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense for the person writing them to even do so.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote