View Single Post
Old 2012-09-06, 12:24   Link #621
samho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
It was explained previously in this thread.
It dropped some items which Kirito sold to Egil to share the Col with Asuna and maybe someone else.
Basically shitty drop without things like first boss epic cape, which is sad because imo last hit rewards should be something really special. There is only floor 100 bosses in this game you would expect that each and every gives some unique item that every player would wish to have, that is if they got last hit reward.

While the show doesn't tell, the last-attack bonus item from lv 74 boss is not necessary bad after all.

1) The item might be great for someone else but not for Kirito / Asuna's character setup (this is true for most if not all MMORPG, such as drop a tradeable tank item for a caster character, and in SAO you are not going to reroll another character just for the benefit of those shinny drop )

2) The cape at floor one isn't that epic. I'm not saying it's not good at all, but it's safe to assume that Kitiro keep wearing it (and any other black / upgraded cape) for displaying: "I'm THE beater".

3) It's my belief that this series isn't really loot oriented, so we don't really need to know the whole character gear setup ( ) before enjoy it. Knowing those important characters with their signature items ( i.e. Kirito with his black cape and twin blades, Asuna with her rapier and KoB uniform, Kelin with his Katana and Samurai style armor, and so on) is more than enough IMO.

It also worth pointing out that since Kirito and Asuna did have a conversation about loot drama back to episode 6, he may want to make the loot distributing easier (just sell them all and split the cash).
samho is offline   Reply With Quote