View Single Post
Old 2012-03-27, 03:07   Link #75
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
I think that one of the main themes of this anime is to over come fate.
The main theme of Aquarion franchise is about star crossed lovers who met every thousands of years to be split again.

Vega and Altair-themed (symbolism!), the Juliet-Romeo symbolism for certain unfortunate couple. Hell, the ED song is all about tragic love.

That's the fate that must be overcome. If Mikono/ShuShu/Zessica/Bag-chan is Sylvia and Kagura/Amata/Donar is Apollo, they must end up together happily ever after without a plot catastrophe getting in the way as usual.

What Mikono and Amata were talking about is to be resigned to be left behind and abandoned. That's the fate to overcome- their abandonment issues. It has nothing to do with anti main reincarnated lovers romance because she quoted the line of the movie that was supposed to give that legendary couple hope to overcome their fate of being separated after they are reunited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Connected to this belief I also think that though Mykage wants Aquarion he doesn't really know that much about it, or rather he doesn't really know where its powers come from, or what makes it stronger. In truth true love can call upon Aquarion and Fudo knows this, and avoids it for three reasons.
If this is true, then Amata and Mikono aren't in love yet. Nor does Shrade and Cayenne, but separate Aquarions :P. Jin and Yuhona were. So Mykage could only touch them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
I agree, which is why Love is forbidden.

Fudo made love forbidden to protect the students.

Because if we think about it, it's not only romantic type of love that makes Aquarion stronger, it's different kinds of love. They showed us this in the OS. It's also the strong desire to protect someone, not only the person you are in love with, but the people you care for. Like family, friends. Apollo was able to call to aquarion because of the strong desire to protect his best friend Baron. When Baron, died Apollo made Aquarion even stronger. So it's all types of love....

But, Mykage hates it anyways.
Reinai (what Fudo forbade) is specifically romantic love.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"