Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-06, 18:45   Link #20519
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Hmmm, my internet's been out for a few days so I've only just had a chance to catch the chapter.

What can I say, pretty cool stuff.

Reading what's been said here now though, one thing does strike me. I think it's been agreed that what we've seen is now Tsukune's passive abilities, he's not pushing the boundaries or sinking in his 'vampiric' mode we've seen several times.

That being the case; it would seem that a side effect of Touhai's regeneration technique is that it has not only rebuilt his body to allow Youkai to be channelled more effectively, but I think it quite possibly has turned him full way into some sort of vampire hybrid.

Now, it could be the way it's been drawn and I'm drawing incorrect conclusions, but Tsukune does not appear to be exhibiting the traits we've usually come to expect of him in vampire mode [stage 1?]; the tribal tattoos, more vampiric look, hair colour change... and yet if you check out page 31 when you get a closeup of his face as he's charging up Bakaryuujin, he quite clearly now appears to have *fangs*. Perhaps his canines have just been overemphasised, but I don't remember them ever being drawn quite that prominently before now, even in close up.

Hopefully we'll see some more evidence one way or another in coming chapters; either way, Tsukune can definately no longer be called human.

Edit:
In regards to Shinso/Elder Vampire; I'd simply say it's a definition thing [bear in mind the below are my own opinions].

A Shinso Vampire is one who is decended from either a pure/Alucard's [dependant on if this ever gets clarified] bloodline, and possess/possessed the Shinso blood trait.
An Elder Vampire is one who has existed for hundred of years, and thus through sheer lifespan/growth [as it vampire's strength typically, and usually in lore, grows with age] will usually be stronger, and more experienced than your average vampire.

Although we don't have any fixed timespans to go on, for R+V I'd perhaps guess any vampire aged above 2-3 centuries would probably be classed as Elder; however we've not been given many vampires at all to use as a fixed point, so this guess could be completely out.

Shinso/Elder Vampire status are not mutually inclusive, however they are not mutually exclusive either; a vampire can be either, both or neither. In Akasha's case; she was likely both, as suggested by the flashback picture (with armour) which suggested she was at least 4 centuries old.

Tsukune status as 'Shinso' is a bit of an interesting case; as it sounds like in R+V, your average vampire is born as such, and 'turned' examples are rare, for whatever reason; however, as he was turned by the blood of one who carries the prerequisite Shinso Blood and Bloodline, he probably could be classified as such.
Due to his somewhat hybrid nature; whether he has the same maximum potential power levels as a thoroughbred vampire with the same Shinso trait (as I see it as somewhat of a 'power multiplier/additive') is another thing; with the involvement of the reconstruction procedure, perhaps he will, as the remaining 'natural' human element will be almost completely minimal by this point in the timeline of the manga.
Reading: None at the moment

Last edited by tyranuus; 2011-07-06 at 19:20.
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote