View Single Post
Old 2022-08-09, 01:52   Link #19
Question
Crossdresser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Ryona is probably the only genre where you're really going to find the representations of rape and torture that you seem to be looking for though. In most circumstances partaking of either of the two would make the protagonist irredeemable for a majority of the audience. There's some eroge that could probably be a better bet as well, because you're generally not going to find anyone remotely comparable to a protagonist like Rance in an isekai intended for a wider audience. There's stuff like Redo I guess but that's series is also kind of a shitpost and more of a revenge story than anything.

As far as slavery goes for me it sort of depends how its presented in the story especially since slavery wasn't all that common in the medieval European setting most isekai take place in. Shield Hero does okay with it as does Isekai Meikyuu de Harem wo but then Realist Hero was pretty tone deaf and a lot of other isekai just don't know how to approach it. Its better when its just sort of there as an element of the story, I think.

I'm sort of curious but what is your take on stuff like Sexual Assault Online where Reki introduces basically every villain with an attempted rape scene?
Again, i am not looking for recommendations with rape, slavery, etc.

The thread is to discuss why authors who have their MC do these things almost always go out of their way to justify it with cheap copouts like "the girls were evil, so there was nothing wrong with the MC raping them" and "the kingdom was oppressive, so the MC actually improved things by killing the king and taking over".