View Single Post
Old 2012-07-12, 23:50   Link #97
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It's not just Alt V I was talking about. The part where US is developing their TSFs as if they are more interested in fighting against other humans than against BETA.
Mind you, it's not as if the US was the only nation that was doing that - the IJA and Imperial Guard did train for TSF-vs-TSF combat, and let's not forget the aggressor pilots of the Fuji School Brigade.

In fact, all things considered, I'm of the opinion that the F-22 was a prudent choice, assholish as it may have been, because as Day After showed, it was absolutely necessary. Hell, don't forget the coup!

Yes, the YF-23 may have been better at fighting BETA, but the Americans, crazy prepared as they try to be, anticipated that at some point there would be TSFs fighting against each other and wanted that little edge.

Also, it's worth noting that the Americans didn't shoot first, but the French-Canadians.

tl;dr: Everyone had some form of anti-TSF combat planning or training going on; it was only that the Americans were bluntly honest enough - or just didn't give a fuck - in making a surface superiority TSF God Mode Sue, and were able to field it in decent numbers (several battalions) compared to, say, the Shiranui, which mostly went to aces.

Again, as I've said before, it's kinda an American mindset. To quote a song I heard once, "You don't care about what's right or what's wrong, you do what you gotta do to defend your own."

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote