View Single Post
Old 2006-01-14, 18:30   Link #236
Zero1
Two bit encoder
*Fansubber

LytHka: There has been a misunderstanding, I didn't interpret it as a rant but what you say is interesting. AR should be stored in the bitstream, so shouldn't it be the splitter that tells a player to resize the image? Hmm. I guess it might come down to graphics cards and drivers too. If I set my MPC to system default, I get 2 video windows! Yay, fun! One is anamorphically resized, one isn't Hmm, I don't know though, that's a little out of my area, I'm an encoder, not a decoder (lol?)

Edit:
Hmm, I just grabbed this, maybe it would work for you

Version 0.0.0.4 Alpha (20060113) :
Support for VSSH FOURCC
Support for YUY2 output
Force anamorphic flag on renderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylf
I wish I could say something more nice about mp4 chapter support, but nope. This is the hard cold truth
Don't worry about it, that particular statement is referring to Nero's chapters. Like their subtitles, Nero do it in what one might describe as a "not strictly supported" way. In other word a hack, like with Nero storing DVD subpictures in MP4, I believe this to be unsupported and the official subtitle format should be 3GPP timed text (aka TTXT).

IIRC Nero stores it's chapters in the user data atom "udta", which is basically for attachments, there may also be some extensions in the actual chapters, I don't know. The standard and supported was is like this:

Code:
00:00:00.000 Start of file
00:00:15.000 15 Seconds
00:00:30.000 30 Seconds
00:00:45.000 45 Seconds
00:00:60.000 End of file
and use -chap chapterfile.chp when muxing with MP4box. This is fully spec compliant, unlike using Nero's software that stores the chapters in somewhere other than they should be.

Last edited by Zero1; 2006-01-14 at 18:53.
Zero1 is offline   Reply With Quote