View Single Post
Old 2013-01-16, 11:37   Link #288
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Lemme rephrase that; Should we expect the 10 YOs in 2044 to be the same as 10 YOs in 2013? I for one doubt so. The technological change is nothing relatively major; tech has been miniaturising and improving for years as of now already, that i agree. However, Vol 6 chapter 1 (which BT has translated) reveals some interesting things:

Quote:
Japan in year 2040, was overcome with unbounded declining birthrate and aging population, and the social security system was on the verge of collapse. The each year increase in health care, long term care and public pension expenditure, became unsupportable by the working generation. At that point, with the driver’s license as representative, various qualification acquisition age was lowered, so as to increase the number of working young people, was the government's intend. In fact, the Labor Standards Act was also amended at that time, so it became possible to hire 16 year olds as full time company employee.
And while I doubt the current Japanese government's ability to get anything done, I'd bet that this wasn't the only measure they took to treat kids more like grown ups.

I could give a Sunder-style treatment to explore the possibilities, but this is my main point.

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-01-16 at 11:38. Reason: not prologue, chapter 1