View Single Post
Old 2013-06-19, 20:12   Link #19
Anime299

Today, 16:38 from Wilshere: "This is unreasonable on many levels, but fan fiction cant be avoided. "

@Wilshere:

I'm slumped over my desk, abashed, immolated and (quietly) chuckling about your concern with 'fake' fiction versus 'real' fiction. What a concept. On the other hand, I won't be cashing checks like his anywhere in the near future...

Primarily I was showing that in a very short column of sentences, an author can set, trigger, delete, reset and keep a reader bouncing from tangent to tangent until their eyes cross. The numerous potential relationships and opportunites presented in this manga/anime have, as shown by the sheer number of posts, kept the readers guessing, drawn out their feelings on the siscon issue, and have them continuing to follow this story, with advocates for this or that route, line of thought or rationale lining up to make their case. It's all good, and gives an interesting insight into how people see this issue and respond to it.

Maybe you're different, but I'd think the reader of my blurb would go through the hoops I intended:

They DO end up living together!
Kirino had twins? They did have children!
Why is Kuroneko just walking in the door like she lived there...
She lives there? It's the threesome route?
He's living with them both?
Kuroneko has a little girl!
Kyouske is her father, too?
Kirino turned down the dinner invitation - she doesn't live there?
She's headed home to Mikagame - the twins aren't Kyouske's?
etc etc.
Take a look at a pyramid from directly above in space - you see a square
Look at that same pyramid from ground level on one side - you see a triangle
Perspective, point of view - it's a writers advantage and a readers nightmare/cup of tea

Gotta love it.

Anime299