View Single Post
Old 2010-04-19, 15:35   Link #37
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
That's the thing though, Envy always wants to piss off humans, to put them in distress, to make them show their ugly emotions. So as to prove that they are the inferior creatures he claims them to be and that he, an homunculus, is superior.

Though I definitely won't deny that he was way overconfident and severely understimated his opponent here.

Anyways, I'm surprised to see all the anime-only watchers cheering so blindly for Roy without being at least a little shocked with his current behaviour. You do realize he's torturing an opponent for pleasure? In that sense, he's no different from Envy at this point.
Well I kind of understand the reactions, this this is really the first time we see roy fight unhandicapped.

In the fight with Lust, the first half of the fight consisted of him testing out her regenerative powers and becoming handicapped. the second half had him making a last minute save for Al and Riza using a lighter.

With this episode, we see Roy easily destroy a room ful of immortal soldiers that are giving trouble to a group of chimeras, as well as two of the most powerful alchemists alive. And then we see the most one sided ass kicking since Greed vs. Bradley. It's our first full glimpse of roy at full strength, basically, and it's one "holy shit O_o" moment after another.

BTW, I'd just like to say that envy's screams of agony made Roy's attacks all the more disturbing.